NWF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWF

A place to relax, make friends, and discuss whatever crosses your mind

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Killer Instinct Series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mishimi
Post Happy
Mishimi

Killer Instinct Series Empty
PostSubject: Killer Instinct Series   Killer Instinct Series Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:10 am

Killer Instinct Series Killer-instinct

Killer Instinct Series Killer_instinct_gold2

Who here is/was a fan of this series?

I loved Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 back in the day. I still love it to this day as I still play KI on SNES and KI2/Gold on the N64...

I loved the characters a lot. Cinder, Glacius, Fulgore, Jago, Riptor, TJ Combo, Orchid, Sabrewulf, etc... They had some pretty interesting back stories and victory endings as well. The combo system was hardcore, and the graphics and fatalities AKA No Mercys were sometimes way off the wall and silly, but awesome none the less (Jago meditating and a car falling on them in KI for example).

To bad this series was cut short with only two games in the series. I never understood why others were never made. Did Rare just decide not to pursue it any further? Or was it over shadowed by Mortal Kombat back then and didn't make enough money/not popular enough? I played it at Tilt all the time back then, as I was 15-16 when those games first came out.

Has anyone heard of the supposed possibility of Rare making a Killer Instinct 3/Killer Instinct remake for the X-Box 360? I would buy a 360 just for that! :laugh:

http://www.1pstart.com/killer-instinct-game-coming-sooner-than-later/

http://www.vgreleases.com/Xbox360/ReleaseDate-182325.aspx
Back to top Go down
Practical_Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct Series   Killer Instinct Series Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:51 pm

I haven't played this game in years are they really making a new one?
Back to top Go down
Mishimi
Post Happy
Mishimi

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct Series   Killer Instinct Series Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:44 am

I think so..... Looks that way....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct Series   Killer Instinct Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Instinct Series
Page 1 of 1